Monday, March 19, 2012

Lisette Continental Sew Along Dress 2


My second attempt at the Continental dress. This version is a bit neater than the last. It was going really well until I followed the wrong row of feathers (I was using them as a guide) when I was cutting the bottom off before I hemmed it up. I hacked off way too much. This resulted in a MUCH shorter dress. It looks okay on though and nothing a pair of tights cant fix.

I used a pre-existing tie (from a pair of pants I have) because A) I couldn't be bothered making one and B) I think it would all look a bit too matchy if I made a tie with the same fabric.

My gathers were much neater this time!
Its not too late if you want to join the sew along!

8 comments:

  1. So clever Sarah, my pattern still sits unopened.

    p.s. you don't need tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one... you know what I'm thinking!!

    However, I love this one as well, and no curvy armholes, you must be pleased! Nothing wrong with short, you've got the legs for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous I like how you used a different belt. It's not too short at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous. Brilliant! Two!!! You're on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful fabric! I can't believe you've managed to make another one already. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh! i love the contrasting tie! and the shorter length!
    everyone's dresses are looking so different and it's fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - love it. Fabric is ace. Different colored tie just finishes is off. I'm almost with Kylie (above) although the pattern pieces have been cut out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fabric! I'm gathering info on my Continental dress before I cut into my fabric, so I appreciate the posts!

    ReplyDelete