My second attempt at the Continental dress. This version is a bit neater than the last. It was going really well until I followed the wrong row of feathers (I was using them as a guide) when I was cutting the bottom off before I hemmed it up. I hacked off way too much. This resulted in a MUCH shorter dress. It looks okay on though and nothing a pair of tights cant fix.
I used a pre-existing tie (from a pair of pants I have) because A) I couldn't be bothered making one and B) I think it would all look a bit too matchy if I made a tie with the same fabric.
|My gathers were much neater this time!|
Its not too late if you want to join the sew along!